Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Walk in the Rain

We were out of coffee creamer this morning so if you know Steve and how much he likes and needs his morning cup of Joe than you will understand what sent Kees and I out for a early morning walk in the rain to the store. One of my favorite things is to take walks with the stroller. When Kees was a newborn I did a lot of walking to calm him. He still loves to go for walks with mom. It is funny because Kees used to and still does point out every dog he sees but now it is every bike he sees. He can say the word "bike" really clear. I also try to have him use the Dutch word for things when we are out and about. We had our bed delivered to our house yesterday and Kees was looking at me rather funny when I was speaking Dutch to the workers he also was paying close attention to the words they were using. After they left Kees looked at me and was making a gagging sound and then smiled....I guess that is what he thinks Dutch sounds like. It was hilarious!
Yes....that is a stroopwafel in his hand. He has taken a liking to the Dutch treats.
We made it! This is the Deen grocery store that is close to where we are staying at the moment. Always beautiful flowers outside!
We also picked up some things for dinner. This is a really simple pasta dinner to make.
All you need is elbow pasta, pesto sauce, cream fraiche, chicken, and broccoli. Mix together the pesto and cream fraiche in a pan add cooked pasta, cooked chicken, and steamed broccoli....and you have dinner!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Looks delicious!!! :)