Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bob the Builder Comes to Church!

This morning we went by bike to church. It is only about a 10 minute ride to the church from our house.
I like to call my bike my soccer mom SUV. It is amazing sometimes I see parents with 3 kids on one bike at a time. How they get groceries on too I have yet to figure out. I like the having Papa watch the kids while mamma goes shopping idea better!
Papa and Kees ready to go.
So, I have to start by saying that Kees loves Bob the Builder! Since we got to Holland he has seen it on TV and it is everywhere here! Our church is doing a ministry where they have people who are in the church volunteer time to go and help repair or clean homes of people in the church or neighbors homes for free. They are using Bob as the mascot of the ministry. This morning we walk in and there is a HUGE Bob the Builder in the lobby! This is why I have my camera at all times:) Kees was so excited. He hasn't stopped saying "Bob, Bob, Bob!!!"
This was our fourth Sunday at the church. It was a special day for me today because Kees went into the nursery for the first time without crying and said to me, "Bye Bye Mamma." After over 60 different nurseries during our travels in the states Kees finally has his own class, teacher, and friends.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

aww, I love it :)

Kramer Family said...

That has got to be sooooo nice!!!!! To finally have a place that Kees is getting familiar with. :) Enjoy seeing your pictures and keeping up with you all.