Thursday, November 25, 2010

"Bites, Bites, Bites!"

This kid loves to eat! I think it is a growth spurt. In the morning for breakfast Kees will eat 2 pieces of French toast, fruit, and milk only to be saying, "Bites" a few moments later. The other afternoon he said one of his first almost sentences....he said, "Mama more bites please." It has been so fun to listen to him trying to say new words. The latest word is peanut butter only Kees says, "Pe boo." So cute! I have been speaking English to Kees and Steve speaks some Dutch to him. On Sunday at church his teacher and the other kids all speak Dutch and he hears me speaking it at church so he has started to pick Dutch up as well. I have been teaching him to tell his teacher, "Dank je wel" when she gives him his snack....I would love to be a fly on the wall in his class and see how he speaks and interacts in Dutch. I know one thing he loves his Sunday school class! It has really been great for him to have a consistent place to play and make friends.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Such a sweet sweet boy :)