Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ultrasound!

 Today was the first time seeing our baby! Kees was very interested in what was going on with my tummy. Baby #2 was sleeping so the midwife was trying to get the baby to move for us. This was a big difference from Kees which at his first ultrasound would not stop moving. I like to think baby #2 is going to be mellow. The baby had a strong heart beat. We were even able to hear the heart! I'm now at 10 weeks and 4 days. The due date is what we thought at September 28th. The midwife was nervous about me wanting to have the baby in the hospital after she heard about Kees' birth. I think she is worried if she will make it on time. She is a really great midwife and I thought the clinic was also nice. It is much like the clinic I went to with Kees. My next appointment is on April 2nd.
 There is our little one! So exciting and emotional to see my baby for the first time. I wasn't planning on getting to hear the heart this time so that was special to get to hear the heart.
Kees was enjoying the clinic as well. He did great today. I showed him pictures of ultrasounds in my book and what he may see today so that helped him know what was happening. He will touch my tummy and say,"Baby in mommy tummy!" Today was one of those days when it hits you just how blessed you are. So blessed to be a mommy of 2! 

2 comments:

dajmommy said...

I loved hearing our boys' heartbeats for the first time. There's nothing like it!

I can't wait for that April 2nd appointment! Is that when they may be able to tell the gender? Hope so!

Congrats again. :)

Love and hugs across the miles!

Linda Kramer said...

Who doesn't think its a girl? We can't wait. Kees will love having someone to look after and play with.