Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm Back!

Things have been busy at the Kramer house. Here is the moving truck arriving at our house in Delft. They parked the truck up to the window and took things out through the windows...a common practice in Holland because of the steep stairs.
This is me making sure it will all fit and hoping this guy doesn't fall off the ladder.
The next morning the truck arrived at our new apartment. It had to park up on the sidewalk and on the bike lane.
Again they brought the things in by way of the windows. It was funny because the movers kept asking me for coffee I thought to myself why would I have coffee when I'm just moving in and all my things are in boxes? One mover informed me that, "Movers only work on coffee!" I told him "If you can find the box with the coffee machine, a box with cups in it and run to the store and get coffee, sugar, and creamer then you would be welcome to have a cup." He got the wrath of a very tired mom! ;) Coffee is a BIG deal here!
Once things calmed down and the movers had finally finished we took a bike ride around the beautiful city!
Here is the church office! Steve already started going to the office and is at a meeting this morning and we just moved in...busy!



We wanted to do something special for Kees so we took him to the zoo. It was a beautiful day of SUN! It actually was hot! The GaiaPark Zoo is the best zoo I have been to. They do an amazing job of making you feel like you are in nature with the animals. Also you can get right up to the glass window and be eye to eye with most animals.
They had a fun park for Kees to play. He loves slides!! He went down this one 500 times! ha
The giraffe was my favorite and the favorite of Kees! It was unbelievable how close you could get. Here is a mommy and her baby.
Kees was trying to figure out how close he wanted to get to this Gorilla.
Look at how close the lion is! My camera has a great zoom but still we were so close. You are looking at him through a large glass window. He was sleeping but at the last minute he put his head up!
Doggy came to the zoo too!
A great day at the zoo! More posts to come!

2 comments:

Austin and Amy said...

Oh my Goodness! That lion is sooo close! I want to go, haha. :)

Kramers said...

We will go!! :)