Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shooting


This Saturday there was a shooting in Alphen aan de Rijn. It is a place that is very close to where we are living. Saturday morning I went to our local grocery store called C-1000 and then headed home to Steve and Kees. Shortly after I arrived home we heard about the shooting that had happened at the shopping center and C-1000 in Alphen aan de Rijn. I was brought to tears when I started to hear about the lives that were lost in the shooting. I couldn't help to think of all the times Kees and I go shopping at a similar shopping center and couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have to go through this. This shooting has really shaken me up. It makes me want to take extra time to stop and tell Steve and Kees how much I love them everyday. My prayers are with the families that have lost those precious to them.




2 comments:

Wendi said...

I was so sorry to hear about this, we saw it on the news. We pray for you guys all the time. We love you all so much.

Austin and Amy said...

How terrible :(